Ex – Shaheens’ Association, Jashore (ESAJ)
“Ex – Shaheens‘ Association, Jashore (ESAJ)” is an association formed by and for the ex students of BAF Shaheen College, Jashore. This association is one of the most successful associations in the country with over 6700 members worldwide.
Founded in 2014, the association’s aims are to foster and promote social activities among Ex-Shaheens and to maintain an interest in the welfare of the BAF Shaheen College, Jashore. The first initiative of forming ESAJ was taken by the students of SSC 2003 – HSC 2005 batch of BAF Shaheen College, Jashore.
The association’s website exists to keep you up to date with news, events, meetings, get together and reunion but also to keep in touch with each other. So please share your news with us.
Timeline for ESAJ
- 16 October 2014 – ESAJ was formed.
- 20 December 2014 – 1st unofficial meeting of ESAJ was held at TSC of University of Dhaka.
- 23 January 2015 – 2nd unofficial meeting of ESAJ was held at TSC of University of Dhaka.
- 13 March 2015 – 3rd unofficial meeting of ESAJ was held at Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College auditorium.
- 10 July 2015 – Iftar party of ESAJ was held at Boomers cafe, Dhanmondi, Dhaka.
- 04 September 2015 – 4th meeting was held at “The Entrance” restaurant at Army Museum (Bijoy Soroni), Dhaka. AT this meeting first time a decision was taken to make the association official. About arranging a grand reunion at college campus was always on discussion. By this meeting a road-map was set for that reunion. Three get together would be arranged before the grand reunion was one of the major decisions was taken at this meeting to bring all the Ex – Shaheens under an umbrella. The date and place for the first get together was also fixed at that meeting and those are 26 September, 2015 and Jashore respectively.
- 07 September 2015 – First time a meeting was held at Jashore. The Ex – Shaheens who were present at Jashore at that moment attended that meeting. Arranging the 1st Get Together successfully was the prime agenda of that meeting.
- 26 September 2015 – 1st Get Together was held at Jagoroni Chakra Auditorium, Jashore. That was a program exceptionally successful. Many Ex – Shaheens and few teacher (present and ex) of Jashore Shaheen were present at that Get Together.
- October, November, December 2015 and January 2016 – Almost each Friday of every month meeting was conducted at Dhaka. Not like Dhaka, few meeting were held at Jashore also. Arranging the grand reunion and activities of association were main agenda to discuss at these meetings. Future plan of the association took place a huge place.
- 15 January 2016 – A get together and family day out titled “ESAJ 2nd Get Together and Family Day Out” was organised at Megher Chaya Resort, Konabari, Gazipur.
- 18 January 2016 – Name clearance was taken against “Ex – Shaheens’ Accociation, Jashore (ESAJ)” from “Office of the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh” as “Ex – Shaheens’ Accociation, Jashore (ESAJ), A Society of Ex – B.A.F Shaheen College, Jessore Students”. This is the first step to move forward as registered association.
- 22 January 2016 – Post “ESAJ 2nd Get Together and Family Day Out” meeting was held at “The Entrance” restaurant, Bijoy Sarani, Dhaka.
- 15 April 2016 – Bengali New Year Celebration – 1423 and Website Launching Program was held at Pooler Haat Scout Camp, Jashore.
- 08 July 2016 – “3rd ESAJ Get Together and Family Day Out” was held at “BRAC Learning Center”, Kholadanga, Jashore on July 08, 2016.
- 05 January 2018 – Most awaited the “First Grand Reunion” was held at B.A.F. Shaheen College, Jashore campus.
- 13 March 2019 – ESAJ got registration from “Social Welfare Ministry” of “Peoples Republic of Bangladesh”. The registration number is “Jashore – 1624/19
- 10 May 2019 – Official Iftar party at Dhaka was held at “Vojmahal Restaurant”, Bangla Motor, Dhaka.
- 03 June 2019 – Official Iftar party at Jashore was held at Joyoti. This was a massive successful program in terms of attendee and the impact. SK Zerin Bristhy from batch 2006-2008 was died in the horrible incident of fire in FR tower, Banani and Sazzadul Nayeem Rabby from the batch 2011-2013 was died in Motorcycle accident. Family members of both of them were present at this iftar. A special prayer was held for them. 20 teachers (Present and EX) were present at this iftar. Also five orphan were with us. Due to massive success of this event we decide to fix this date (28 Ramadan of every year) for an official iftar at Jahsore.